Welcome! You have joined an organization whose mission is to advance the effective practice of higher education attorneys for the benefit of the colleges and universities they serve. Most of all, you are joining an association that is committed to practicing and promoting the core values of quality, service, civility, collegiality, diversity, inclusiveness and respect among the 4,500 member attorneys in the field of higher education law.
We invite you to explore how NACUA can enhance your professional growth.
Find a full list of services in our NACUA Member Services Brochure 2017.
- Lawyers New to Higher Education Workshop held at the Annual Conference, this foundation-building workshop is designed to introduce the lawyer new to college and university law to the concepts, statutes, regulations and practical knowledge needed to navigate key areas of practice.
- Legal Resources NACUA's Legal Resources provides service to members in two distinct ways. First, via the weekly Higher Education Case Highlights email newsletter. Second, the LRS actively collects information on higher education law from members and other sources and serves as a depository and clearinghouse for legal information collected over the years.
Networking and Professional Development Opportunities
Connecting with other higher education attorneys is what being a NACUA member is all about. We offer you several ways to facilitate the interactions of like-minded colleagues:
- Get Involved in NACUA
Serve on a committee, help plan or speak at educational programs, or write and edit publications.
This members-only professional networking platform and listserv gives you access to your member attorney colleagues who post and send thoughtful questions and responses in a timely manner.
- Member Directory
Search for colleagues via the online directory by job title, areas of expertise, name, committee and institution. You may also update your profile.
- NACUAMentors Program connects member attorneys to mentors offering guidance and support in higher education law. To learn more about being a mentor or mentee, click here.
- Affinity Groups
Connect with members who have a commonality of regional, institutional, or personal interests. While some groups meet periodically throughout the year, others gather for lunch during the Annual Conference.
- Welcome Committee
Members of the Committee on Membership and Member Services contact new members to welcome them to the association and be a point-of-contact as they navigate NACUA.
- Small Group Dinners Attendees of NACUA Conference and Workshops are given the opportunity to network with colleagues over dinner at local restaurants.
- New Member Luncheon Held during the Annual Conference, new members are invited to join NACUA’s Board of Directors, Past Presidents, and fellow new NACUA member attorneys for an informal networking luncheon.
- New Member Breakfasts Held during the CLE Workshops, new members are invited to join members of the NACUA’s Board of Directors, staff, and fellow new NACUA member attorneys for an informal breakfast.