How the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (the FMLA) apply to higher education institutions -- and how those laws interact with one another and with state worker compensation laws -- are continuing sources of challenge to those who advise colleges and universities. This webinar, through the use of hypothetical scenarios, will explain how these laws apply and will help practitioners spot potential issues in the matters coming before them. Highlights from recent cases and guidance will give participants the information they need to remain current.
Topics will include:
- A brief overview of the ADA and the FMLA
- How the two statutes overlap and where they diverge from one another
- How to coordinate time off under the statutes and under sick leave policies
- Leave as an accommodation
- Highlights of the latest in case law and guidance
Who Should Attend
This webinar will be of interest to general counsel and attorneys who advise colleges and universities on employment law matters, as well as to administrators and H.R. professionals who work on faculty and staff personnel issues.