Since 1964, NACUA has honored individuals in higher education law. The NACUA honors and awards program is a well-respected and time-honored tradition that ensures the acknowledgement of those who have dedicated their service to advancing the effective practice of higher education attorneys. In addition to their demonstrated commitment to NACUA's mission and strategic goals, these individuals have modeled NACUA's core values. Honored recipients are conferred awards including: Distinguished Service, First Decade, Life Member, Fellow, and Honorary Member. The Call for Awards is released in February of each year.
NACUA congratulates all honorees who have worked to advance the profession of higher education law. They are honored each year at the annual conference's Honors and Awards Ceremony.
2015-2016 Award Recipients
First Decade Award
- Seth Gilbertson, Associate Counsel, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- JP Sherry, General Counsel, Los Rios Community College District
- Thomas P. Hustoles, Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, P.L.C., Retired
- Benjamin E. Rawlins, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, Meharry Medical College, Retired
- Gerald W. Woods, Partner, FisherBroyles, Retired
- Georgia Yuan, General Counsel, Smith College, Retired; Search Consultant, AGB Search; Leadership Coach
Distinguished Service Award
Fellow of the Association
- William P. Hoye, EVP, General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer, IES, Abroad