The Department of Education's Title IX regulations have always required that institutions designate someone on campus to coordinate Title IX compliance. The April 4, 2011, Dear Colleague Letter ("DCL") formalizes the Title IX Coordinator's role, and confirms its importance to the entire campus community.
Title IX Coordinators are responsible for overseeing all of an institution's Title IX compliance efforts. This includes gender discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, sexual assault, and athletics. These are significant responsibilities. To be effective, Coordinators should be well versed in the procedures, policies, and training mechanisms in place for addressing campus sexual harassment, sexual violence, and the law's unique application to athletics. It is crucial that Title IX Coordinators receive appropriate training to successfully handle the position's multiple responsibilities.
This eight-session course is designed specifically for campus Title IX Coordinators and other administrators with Title IX responsibilities. Taught by experienced NACUA member attorneys, this course has been updated to include April 2014 federal government guidance and is a high-quality, affordable and convenient way for Title IX Coordinators to learn key responsibilities, including:
- Dear Colleague Letter compliance
- Understanding sexual harassment and violence
- Conducting prompt and effective investigations
- Complaint handling
- Hearings, adjudications and appeals
- Due process and student codes
- Notice and training obligations
- Best practices in athletics
This informative and convenient course is a blend of self-study and instructor-facilitated learning. Participants can access materials 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The course features:
- Access to seven narrated PowerPoint presentations, self-assessments, and extensive resources.
- Access to four live webinars with the course instructors (recordings are made available to those who were not able to attend live).
The course costs $449 for all participants. Participants at member institutions are eligible for a $100 discount. Register today!
Questions? Contact NACUA at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about CLE credits or content. For technical support questions, contact email@example.com. For more information, visit NACUA’s Online Learning Center Support Page.