The application of U.S. copyright law to the operations of colleges and universities is a source of continuing concern for campus attorneys, librarians, and administrators and of potential liability for the institutions. This webinar will provide both a brief overview of elements of copyright law most relevant to colleges and universities and a discussion of some of the latest developments and challenges facing campuses.
Topics will include:
- How “fair use” is faring in courts
- Digitization of materials since Hathitrust and Google
- Evolving issues with peer-to-peer file sharing, MOOCs, and open access in institutional presses
- Challenges in managing copyright issues on campus
- Changes and politics at the US Copyright Office
This webinar will be of interest to general counsel and attorneys who advise colleges and universities on copyright matters, campus librarians, and administrators responsible for institutional presses, implementation of copyright policies, and campus risk management.