Title: Assistant University Counsel
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: University Counsel
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
The Assistant University Counsel provides legal services to Weill Cornell Medicine, primarily with respect to contracts and business transactions, while ensuring that WCM complies with applicable laws and that its legal interest is protected.
- Provides a full range of legal advice to WCM, with primary emphasis on regulatory advice and negotiating contracts and transactions in support of its Physician Organization, research enterprise and general administration.
- Provides legal research and analysis relating to clinical practice; research; HIPAA security and privacy; domestic and international transaction actions.
- Reviews, negotiates and drafts contracts and transactions, for example service agreements, purchasing agreements, space and equipment leases, consulting arrangements and other related agreements.
- Participates in the organization and oversight of master contracting policies and procedures, including implementing efficient and effective contract review and negotiation.
- Responds to government compliance inquiries, audits and subpoenas.
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) in related field
- At least 5 years of relevant training and experience at a top law firm, governmental agency, university, academic medical center or company.
- Member of New York State Bar or admission within one year of hiring
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must approach work with a commitment to excellence and inspire confidence with all constituents.
- Proven record as a motivated self-starter.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent demands.
- Must have the ability to provide sound legal advice, develop creative solutions, and exercise good business judgment.
- Superb communication and writing skills.
To apply, please visit: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=153&company=C0000274692P&username=&st=A323E4A0622FEA4CAD1AF18E1A76367F3C891CB3
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7thkhz83d3rgfjb8