Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) is an essential element of today's higher education environment. As programs, services, and resources at institutions continue to expand and delivery methods are increasingly technology-centric, institutions are challenged to ensure that technology improves accessibility for all students.
This webinar will examine the action steps and compliance strategies that have been delineated in recent settlement and resolution agreements as a necessary part of effective practices and procedures.
Topics will include:
- EIT accessibility - Policies, procedures and guidelines
- Government accessibility reviews - Recent government enforcement activity and common compliance concerns
- Creating accessible websites and education materials - Recommendations
- Overcoming barriers to accessibility – Strategies and practical tips for implementation challenges
- Accessibility audits - Lessons learned
- Procuring accessible technologies – Challenges and opportunities