This new and exciting opportunity at VCU is a full-time staff position in Equity and Access Services (EAS). EAS leads, coordinates and supports the university's civil rights compliance, including Title IX, and reports to the office of the president. Since its establishment in 2015, EAS has expanded to 13 full-time positions organized into four teams: Title IX Operations, EO/EEO & Affirmative Action, Accessibility Compliance, and Administration.
As a senior leadership position within EAS, the Accessibility Administrator is designated to serve as the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator for the university and reports to the Director of Equity and Access Services. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the appropriate policies, processes and resources are in place to provide accessibility and equal access to university information, programs and activities, including technologies and web pages, in compliance with relevant state and federal laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended (“ADA”), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (“Section 504”), as amended. The position will provide guidance and consultation to the university community regarding accessibility, including advising managers and employees about compliance with disability requirements. The position has primary responsibility for administering the employment-related accommodation process. (Student disability support offices manage student requests for accommodation.) The position also will conduct education/training for the university community, track and analyze data, prepare reports, lead work groups, participate on university committees, plan and execute awareness events and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in a related discipline (education, human resources, law, etc.)
- Ten or more years of professional work experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Professional experience requiring knowledge and application of the ADA, Section 504 and other related federal and state laws
- Knowledge of developing trends and cases regarding accessibility compliance
- Professional experience developing policies and procedures and coordinating processes
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and to balance competing tasks
- Ability to develop and nurture collaborative working relationships
- Ability to work with and relate to people from all backgrounds and levels of an organization
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse environment or commitment to do so
- Professional experience in a relevant role at a U.S. institution of higher education
- Recent experience as an ADA/Section 504 Coordinator
- Familiarity with technical or professional conduct standards for a variety of technical and professional academic programs (including social work, education, and health professional programs)
- Completion of ADA/Section 504 certification training (ATIXA, etc.)
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with the master transition planning process
- Up to $125,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience
- Plus full-time benefits, relocation allowance, professional development including association membership dues, CLEs, etc.
- Resume / Curriculum vitae
- Application (link below)
- Cover letter
- Writing Sample - The writing sample should be a written communication (memorandum, report, email, etc.) primarily authored and used by the applicant, which is 1-2 pages (an excerpt of a longer document is acceptable) and contains analysis of an accessibility-related issue
Position is open until filled with a priority consideration deadline of 3/15/18, and an ideal hire date of as soon as possible
Link to apply: https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/75614
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8m4n86npjd5c28n6