Job Description: The University of Rochester Medical Center seeks an experienced health care attorney to serve as Associate Counsel, representing a variety of URMedicine health care entities.
Specific primary duties for this position include:
- Assist Senior Counsel (and in some cases serve as primary legal representative) to corporate transactions, including acquisition of physician practices. In the context of such transactions, address issues such as Stark and Anti-Kickback, real estate, antitrust, billing compliance, due diligence, contracts, equipment lease/purchase and faculty/staff hiring and employment.
- Respond to requests for legal assistance from the University’s affiliates, including regional hospitals, long term care facilities, home health agencies and providers.
- Negotiate, review and draft contracts including physician service and medical director agreements, academic affiliation agreements, data use agreements, and business associate agreements.
- Review faculty employment offers and advise on other matters related to physician employment, including covenants not to compete, tenure and handbook rights and physician compensation.
- Have in-depth knowledge regarding other specialty health care topics, such as telemedicine, human subjects or animal research, patient consent and management, graduate medical education, or withdrawal of treatment.
The successful candidate will have four or more years of health care experience, have excellent academic credentials and superior verbal and written communication skills, must be collaborative, have a high level of personal integrity and strong interpersonal skills. The candidate must be either licensed to practice in New York, or fulfill the criteria to register as an in-house counsel in New York.