The University of North Carolina at Charlotte seeks an experienced and engaging Title IX Coordinator to lead its Title IX compliance efforts. The Title IX Coordinator's primary responsibilities include managing the investigation and disposition of sex discrimination complaints; collaborating with a variety of University offices to address Title IX compliance concerns; ensuring a fair and neutral grievance process for all parties; identifying patterns or systemic issues related to sex discrimination that affect the University and addressing those patterns or issues; educating the campus on Title IX and Campus SaVE obligations; revising and implementing relevant policies and procedures; and monitoring and documenting all aspects of the University’s compliance with Title IX.
To view the complete job posting and to apply for the position, visit the UNC Charlotte Human Resources website at https://jobs.uncc.edu/postings/19188. Applications will be accepted until December 17, 2017.
Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or a Juris Doctor from an accredited institution and four to six years of professional experience with progressive responsibility and demonstrated experience in complaint resolution, investigations, grievances and policy administration.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of Title IX law, regulations, and guidance as well as the Violence Against Women Act, including the Campus SaVE Act. General knowledge of other federal and state non-discrimination laws.
- Ability to diagnose, clarify, and mediate differences of opinion.
- Ability to think critically about and apply statutes, regulations, and guidance related to sex discrimination.
- Ability to understand the needs of the University and work collaboratively with diverse constituencies such as students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to remain neutral.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex compliance issues to any faculty, staff, supervisors and/or University officials; excellent education and training skills; and excellent ability to collaborate with others to achieve goals.
- Experience supervising individuals and maintaining an operating budget.
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, time management, planning, analytic and problem resolution skills.
- Ability simultaneously to juggle multiple high-priority tasks.
- Ability to design and execute training and education for multiple constituencies.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports on the Title IX compliance activities of the University and make recommendations for action by appropriate decision-makers.
- Experience working with victims of sex-based discrimination, harassment or violence in higher education, employment or advocacy setting.
- Relevant professional certification or training as a Title IX Coordinator or Title IX Investigator.
- Experience in Title IX and student disciplinary conduct cases in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge/ ability in compliance process improvement.
- Training related to trauma-informed investigation techniques.
The selected candidate is subject to a criminal background check. Women, members of minority groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. UNC Charlotte is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.