The University of Rochester Medical Center seeks an experienced health care attorney to serve as Senior Counsel, representing a variety of URMedicine health care entities.
Specific primary duties for this position include:
- Serve as primary legal representative on a variety of complex corporate transactions, including acquisition of physician practices and mergers with hospitals or clinics. Draft relevant deal documents (asset purchase agreements, employment agreements, real estate), conduct due diligence, and advise the client on related matters such as antitrust or insurance issues.
- Draft and review contracts including physician service agreements, locum tenens agreements, data use agreements, and business associate agreements.
- Review physician faculty employment offers and advise on related matters including covenants not to compete, tenure and handbook rights and physician compensation.
- Ideal candidate will have substantial experience with human subject research, grants and industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Have in-depth knowledge regarding other specialty health care topics, such as telemedicine, Stark/Anti-Kickback laws, health care reimbursement, HIPAA, patient consent and management, graduate medical education, or withdrawal of treatment.
The successful candidate will have ten or more years of health care experience, have excellent academic credentials and superior verbal and written communication skills, must be collaborative, have a high level of personal integrity and strong interpersonal skills. This is a senior position and the candidate is expected to function independently with minimal oversight. NOTE: Candidates with 5-7 years of experience may apply and will be considered for an alternate position as Associate Counsel. The candidate must be either licensed to practice in New York, or fulfill the criteria to register as an in-house counsel in New York.