The General Counsel has the primary responsibility for providing advice and representation to the administration and/or the Board of Regents regarding federal, state, local laws and regulations.
Job Duties: (The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Advise the Administration and/or the Board of Regents regarding compliance with state, federal and local laws and regulations.
- Provide written legal opinions to the Administration and/or the Board of Regents.
- Review and provide advice regarding agendas of meetings of the Board of Regents.
- Attend designated meetings of the Board of Regents.
- Provide advice and representation to the Administration regarding employment, personnel and any other legal matters.
- Negotiate, prepare, and review contracts.
- Review and revise Board of Regents rules and internal operating procedures.
- Review and advise the administration on administrative procedures.
- Represent the College and/or the Board of Regents before state or federal agencies.
- Maintain systems to ensure proper inventory records to protect security of College assets.
- Provide employees with leadership, information, and training regarding established safety and health procedures and practices in compliance with federal, state, local and College requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President or the Board of Regents.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Juris Doctorate
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Oklahoma
- Five (5) years’ experience as a licensed attorney
For more information or to apply, please go to www.occcjobs.com.
Posting Number: Staff_0402291
The deadline to apply is November 3, 2017