Basic Functions: The Manager of Technology Services oversees the day-to-day operations of the information technology environment as well as researching, recommending and managing the implementation of any new and enhanced technology solutions for NACUA in collaboration with other staff members. This position is responsible for supervising two IT staff positions.
Reports To: Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Webmaster and Technology & Data Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee project management responsibilities for implementing new technologies or enhancements/upgrades to existing systems.
- Review departmental requests for technology and make recommendations, as appropriate to ensure that staff members have the technology tools to perform their responsibilities.
- Evaluate technology and make recommendations to ensure compatibility and effectiveness.
- Responsible for working with and managing NACUA’s IT managed services vendor on the design, implementation and maintenance of a secure, reliable network infrastructure.
- Determine and enforce technology standards related to hardware, desktop configuration and management and user productivity tools.
- Assist the Deputy CEO with development of the annual IT budget.
- With assistance from other members of the NACUA staff, identify processes and information that can be and should be automated for effective performance of staff functions.
- Interact with NACUA members, as well as review data from member surveys to ascertain what types of technology services they would like provided by NACUA and suggest changes as a result.
- Manage the deployment and compliance of NACUA’s enterprise application integration strategy for integrating core business applications as needed.
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission-critical operations and quality standards in all IT areas.
- Work with the appropriate parties to maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
- Coordinate and manage IT vendor relationships.
- Oversee the IT help desk function (provided by IT Managed Services provider) to ensure quality and timely support to staff for all hardware and software requirements.
- Maintain compliance with NACUA’s IT policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date files on all technology vendors and associated contracts.
- Maintain a current list of all hardware and software inventory.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of Webmaster and Technology & Data Specialist, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments.
- Administer NACUANET (the Association’s professional networking platform).
- Proficiency in application software and relational database technology.
- Proficiency in network infrastructure including operating systems, firewalls, switching and routing.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and self-directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities and evidence of data analysis.
- Working knowledge of websites and website design.
- Ability to motivate staff in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or equivalent education and experience.
- Five or more years of progressive IT experience.
- Experience in working with nonprofit associations preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with ClearVantage Association Management System, Sitefinity Content Management System and HigherLogic Professional Networking Platform desired.