Lawyer in the Faculty, Students, and Research Group of the Office of Legal Counsel
The University of Kentucky seeks an attorney, counselor, and problem solver to serve in the Faculty, Student, and Research Group of the Office of Legal Counsel. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel for Faculty, Students, and Research, the successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to provide legal advice and assistance to administrators and faculty throughout the University in all areas related to Research. This includes regulatory compliance, research misconduct, development of intellectual property, grant administration, and complex contracts related to research and intellectual property. At times, the lawyer will work with other lawyers in the Health Affairs and/or Finance & Administration Groups.
Requirements are: (1) membership in the Kentucky Bar or eligibility for admission without further examination; (2) outstanding writing ability; and (3) a record of academic accomplishment at both undergraduate and law school levels.
Preferred characteristics are experience as a judicial clerk or attorney in a large law firm or counsel in a university. Other preferred experience and characteristics include:
- Strong collaborative and leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse group of University clients
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to understand University goals, evaluate complex issues, research applicable laws, analyze facts, apply applicable laws, and effectively communicated legal opinions and recommendations
- Focus on client service, responsiveness and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, presentation, and listening
- Highly flexible and adaptive
- Ability to work in a complex environment with the skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals
Applicants should submit a resume/curriculum vita, a cover letter, and a writing sample.
Title and salary will be based on experience and expertise
Quick Link to apply: http://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/168706
Application deadline is Monday, January 8th 2018.
For questions, contact HR/Employment, phone (859) 257-9555 press 2.
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity University that values diversity and inclusion. Individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.