Florida Institute of Technology is currently searching for General Counsel. This is a full-time position located in Melbourne, FL.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all legal matters at main campus
- Provide guidance to the university on a variety of legal matters related to higher education including litigation and arbitration, administrative and agency proceeds, contract management and Title IX
- Oversee campus wide compliance and risk management programs
- Collaborate with various internal departments to address and resolve complex employment and student matters
- Counsel will manage university contracts and commercial negotiations, and maintain intellectual property rights, including trademark and patent filings
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law in the state of Florida
- More than five (5) years experience as a licensed attorney
- Prior experience in higher-education or non-profit is preferred
*Official transcripts of all collegiate work must be sent directly from the attended institution to the Human Resources Office prior to the first day of employment. All international degrees must have a course-by-course official evaluation and translation sent to the Human Resources Office directly from an evaluation company affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES).
Applicants should apply here: https://fit.hiretouch.com/home/jobs-board/job-details?jobID=44332&job=general-counsel
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We are an E-verify employer