|Department: Finance and Human Resources || |
|Reports To: President ||Team: Finance and Human Resources |
|FLSA Status: Exempt ||Full-time |
|Compensation: Grade B20 ||Employee Group: Administrator |
|Anticipated work hours: 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday || |
The Executive Vice President for Finance and Human Resources reports directly to the President and serves as the member of the Senior Leadership Team responsible for the planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, and controlling of the following areas: Finance, Procurement, Budgeting, Risk Management, Grants Management, Human Resources, and Auxiliary Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
- Supervise the VP for Fiscal Services/Auxiliaries and the AVP for Human Resources.
- Serve as Chief Financial Officer for the College.
- Develop and lead risk management for the College to identify, assess, prioritize, and mitigate risks.
- Review and develop processes for Fiscal Services and Human Resources that streamline business operations and maximize organizational resources.
- Develop and maintain enrollment, revenue, and economic forecasting models to support budgeting and planning, and to ensure financial stability for the College.
- Provide leadership for records retention and personally identifiable information policies and procedures.
- Lead the Senior Leadership Team in the development, deployment, evaluation, and use of key performance metrics to identify areas impacting fiscal sustainability and inform organizational decision making.
- Participate as a member of the College Crisis Management Team.
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements, management reports, and compliance with auditing requirements.
- Oversee the budgeting process for the College, ensuring the budget is integrated with the strategic plan.
- Ensure that the College is in compliance with regulatory, legal, administrative, contractual, procedural, and accounting standards applicable to the College financial and purchasing activities, and business activities related to human resources.
- Provide oversight of all functions of the Human Resources team and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight of all functions of the Fiscal Services team, including purchasing, and grants management, and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Oversee the management of the long-term debt program of the College including maintaining appropriate ratings with debt rating agencies.
- Coordinate and review proposed contracts and agreements on behalf of the College.
- Lead all personnel within her or his areas including but not limited to: training, professional development, performance appraisal, performance management, recruiting, and hiring.
- Administer and develop College-wide policies and procedures.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher in a finance/business or higher ed/public administration related field or Juris Doctorate
- Minimum of seven years of management/supervisory level experience at the executive level
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and budget management
- Demonstrated experience in human resources management
- Proven track record of ethical, effective leadership
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Government Financial Manager certification
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse workforce and student population
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in organizational change
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational/reporting/record keeping skills
Note: The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time
Link to apply: https://jobs.frederick.edu