Position Title: EEO Investigator
Posting date: 10-13-2017
Department: Equal Employment/Affirmative Action - 120000
Position Type: Administrative Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
The EEO Investigator uses knowledge of investigative procedures and methods to conduct investigations. The EEO Investigator investigates and analyzes individual employment opportunities such as Title IX, and other discrimination or harassment complaints, and writes reports on findings. The incumbent ensures effective and efficient investigation of assigned cases; including the development of investigation plans, creation of investigatory files and reports of findings. Acts in compliance with federal and state laws and University policies and procedures to process investigations, report findings, and make general recommendations on complaints filed within the University.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or related field is required.
- Juris Doctorate or Mast er's level degree in related field is preferred.
Minimum Experience Qualifications:
Three years of work experience is required, including the demonstrated ability to conduct investigations, analyze information, think critically and creatively, communicate effectively orally and in writing, and collaborate with others.
Education can substitute for experience but experience cannot substitute for education.
- Knowledge of personnel laws and other pertinent regulatory guidelines
relating to the HR specializations of classification, staffing, labor relations,
employee relations and employee benefits
- Knowledge of the federal EEO complaint process and regulatory
- Knowledge of Title IX requirements for investigation and resolution of
sex/gender discrimination complaints
- Knowledge of investigative techniques involved in conducting an in-depth fact finding on EEO issues
- Knowledge of application and an alysis of the various theories of
Additional Information: Position is open until filled.
Eastern Kentucky University is an EEO/AA institution that values diversity
in its faculty, staff, and student body. In keeping with this commitment,
the University welcomes applications from diverse candidates and
candidates who support diversity.
For more information, please visit our Office of Equity & Inclusion.