Finance & Business Services
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4044 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
The director is responsible for coordinating and directing the employee/labor relations programs and functions. These functions include responsibility for developing, interpreting and recommending goals and objectives, policies and procedures, and courses of action.
Responsible for managing the employee/labor relations activities according to established guidelines and sound administrative practices and in accordance with the organization's mission, values and goals.
- Develops and recommends strategies for labor management and employee relations, participates and/or leads management during applicable collective bargaining negotiations
- Ensures Miami University complies with applicable collective bargaining agreements (e.g. AFSCME, FOP), relevant personnel/employment related sections of Ohio Civil Service, Ohio Revised and Administrative Codes, Miami University employment policies and other applicable state/federal regulations (e.g. FMLA, ADA).
- Designated hearing officer for pre-disciplinary and grievance hearings pursuant to applicable collective bargaining agreement(s) and Miami University employment policies
- Responsible for leave(s) of absence administration (e.g. FML, parental leave), worker’s compensation, unemployment and the completion of the ADA interactive process for accommodations under the oversight of General Counsel.
- Provides guidance, direction and recommendations to supervisors related to performance management/improvement and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective operations of the employee/labor relations unit within the Human Resources Department. Direct supervision of two employees.
- Completes investigations and other projects as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Labor Relations/Law or closely related field and at least seven years of directly related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must possess considerable knowledge of management/labor relations and statutory/regulatory requirements related to Human Resources. Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations. Experience with Microsoft Office products, and at a minimum intermediate excel skills (pivot tables, formula functions etc.)
Masters degree in a closely related field, JD. PHR, SPHR, CEBS or related Human Resources certification
M-F, with occasional evening and weekend hours
Cover Letter, List of Three References, Resume
Advertised Pay Range Maximum:
Application Types Accepted:
Criminal Background Check Required:
Post Offer, Pre-Employment Physical Examination: