The Director of Employment Diversity and Inclusion (“Director”) provides leadership in the development and implementation of programs that support and promulgate a diverse and inclusive campus culture.
This position collaborates with administrative and academic units to promote recruitment, retention and success of a diverse employee community and is responsible for helping to ensure diversity, monitoring and coordinating compliance with federal, state, and college affirmative action and equal employment opportunity laws, policies, regulations, and guidelines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director supports the efforts of the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) officer by monitoring compliance with EEO/AA policies and programs, and working with various campus constituencies to facilitate an understanding of how to apply these policies and programs to daily actions, behaviors and decisions to support diversity, inclusiveness, equal access, and equitable treatment, and recommends revisions, updates or guidelines as needed.
The Director investigates, mediates and resolves Title VII, Title IX and state discrimination, harassment and hostile work environment complaints and/or other acts of inappropriate conduct filed against employees of the University. The Director prepares investigative reports in a timely manner, and makes recommendations on dispositions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
The Director facilitates federal and state reporting requirements, and related statistical analysis.
The Director coordinates and monitors compliance with Title VII and applicable EEO/AA provisions of the New Jersey Administrative Code.
The Director monitors recruitment of all personnel to assure compliance with institutional recruitment hiring guidelines and EEO/AA goals.
The Director meets with search committees to disseminate EEO/AA guidelines and procedures and to promote the University’s mission of diversity and inclusion in the search process. This includes assisting units, convening groups, and search committees in the recruitment and selection of persons of diverse racial, gender, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The Director also assists with monitoring the University’s progress on its Affirmative Action Plan.
The Director conducts new hire orientations, workshops, seminars or meetings addressing EEO/AA principles and goals, and reviews, updates and changes training programs as needed.
The Director represents the University internally and externally on EEO/AA matters, in partnership with the AVP for Compliance.
The Director supports efforts to monitor compliance with state regulations on bids for procurement of goods, services, and construction contracts.
The Director performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- A Masters Degree or Juris Doctorate
- Seven years of directly applicable experience, preferably within a higher education environment
- Background knowledge and training in Title VII, Title IX, and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to EEO/AA
- Must demonstrate a proven track record in the area of leadership and in the development and successful implementation of major diversity initiatives, particularly within the areas of employee recruitment
- The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, superior writing, communication and analytical skills, ability to work with diverse populations and possess an understanding and sensitivity to individuals with diverse issues from diverse backgrounds
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite products
Interested applicants can apply via the following link: https://jobs-montclairedu.icims.com/jobs/1723/director-of-employment-diversity-and-inclusion/login
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*