UCLA Staff Diversity & AA/EEO Compliance Office
Under the general oversight of the Interim Director, Staff Diversity and AA/EEO Compliance, the incumbent is responsible for: 1. The investigation and resolution of discrimination complaints, 2. monitoring and advising managers on compliance with State, Federal and University EEO guidelines and regulations, 3. providing consultative services to campus departments, 4. Conducting training sessions on EEO compliance.
• Working knowledge of employment practices, procedures and laws, including performance management, corrective action, progressive discipline including termination of employment.
• Demonstrated ability to write detailed, well-organized, publishable analytical reports, procedures and/or memos.
• Demonstrated ability to make oral presentations to individuals or groups to enhance understanding of applicable policy or procedure in the employment field.
• Demonstrated ability to mediate effectively between and among all levels of academic and staff personnel, and between individuals.
• Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited American Bar Association (ABA) institution is preferred.
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
This is a one year contract appointment, subject to renewal.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu and search for Requisition 26795, or http://apptrkr.com/1101419
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks vacation per year; an average of 12 days sick leave per year; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan; various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, the University Credit Union, and much more!
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.