Duke University is seeking an experienced attorney to advise primarily on research compliance issues, innovation and entrepreneurship, scientific misconduct investigations, laboratory safety, conflicts of interest, and export controls for Duke University and Duke University Health System, Inc. Position will report to Associate University Counsel for Research.
- Provide legal advice pertaining to federal research compliance, including grants compliance and effort reporting.
- Provide guidance on research integrity issues and responsible conduct in research.
- Provide guidance on human subject and animal research protection.
- Review sponsored research contracts and grants, including for international programs, and export controls.
- Advise on innovation and entrepreneurship and conflicts of interest.
- Identify trends and potential risk areas for client consideration.
- JD or LLB degree. Licensed to practice law in the State of North Carolina or become licensed within 12 months of employment preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in federal research compliance, preferably with experience advising a major academic research institution.
- Demonstrated experience and competence in academic/scientific research issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume environment and can prioritize work independently.
- Personable and collaborative, with significant personal skills to work in a complex team-oriented office.
Duke University offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply and search for requisition 401362705. Duke University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.