Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine is seeking an exceptional candidate to fill the position of Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs and Human Resources. The overarching responsibilities of this senior administrative position are to create, maintain, and manage the administrative systems, policies, and procedures relating to faculty affairs, academic governance and human resources at a top-tier medical school, and to ensure compliance with the same.
Responsibilities: The Associate Dean will:
- Manage the faculty governance process
- Manage the School of Medicine process for academic faculty appointments, promotions, tenure, recruitment, and awarding of endowed professorships, and serve as a point of contact for faculty and departments in these processes
- Serve as a principal liaison between the School of Medicine and the University offices of Human Resources, General Counsel, and the Provost for managerial and legal issues
- Advise the Dean, department chairs, and other leaders on faculty questions and grievances
- Supervise an Assistant Dean and other School of Medicine staff to ensure accurate record-keeping, database management, payroll entries, and informational websites
- Be a resource for compliance with the Faculty Handbook and the School of Medicine Bylaws
J.D., M.D., or Ph.D. required. Ten years of related experience, preferably in academic medicine with seven years of experience involving and intersecting with medical school academic administrators.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills; appreciation of administrative and faculty governance processes. Familiarity with employment and discrimination law is advantageous.
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine ranks in the top 25 medical schools nationwide (U.S. News and World Report), perennially ranks among the nation’s best federally-funded medical schools, and remains the largest biomedical research institution in Ohio. The School is affiliated with four major teaching hospitals, including University Hospitals of Cleveland, the Cleveland Clinic, MetroHealth Medical Center, and the Cleveland VA Medical Center. This rich and diverse environment fosters collaboration and healthcare innovation.
How to Apply:
Respond in confidence, including salary history to https://case.edu/finadmin/humres/employment/career.html using human resources job code #6467. CWRU offers a flexible benefits package including tuition waiver for employees and dependents.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.