Reports to: President
The focus of the position is overseeing all programmatic efforts for the association, working closely with staff members to provide direction on content and speakers for the Annual Meeting, delivering programs related to mission and identity, as well as initiatives related to peace and justice. The position also provides legal and policy matter-related guidance to the President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Development (70%)
- Lead, teach, and oversee the Mission Leadership Institute (MLI) team; supports the MLI chair and acts as a liaison to the national office.
- Works with the committee to plan and implement the Mission Officer Pre-Conference.
- Coordinates meetings, takes minutes, and works with the chair for the Charism Cabinet meetings.
- Oversees content and contributes knowledge and understanding of Catholic higher education to the Annual Meeting theme and session topics and leads all aspects of the Liturgy, Morning Prayer services, and the banquet music.
- Assists President in the creation of materials and programs related to the topic of collaborations and partnerships in Catholic higher education.
- Supervises the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) intern and PT program coordinator; prepares and reports on the annual CCHD grant, and maintains good communication with peace and justice leaders at member schools and organizations.
- Coordinates activities with Catholic Relief Services and other partners.
- Legal and Policy Matters (30%)
- Assesses member needs in supporting Catholic identity and the Catholic Intellectual Tradition; coordinates and assists development of written material, events, cataloging best practices, and online learning modules that respond to member needs.
- Research issues related to religious liberty, interact with other organizations and communicate with members as needed.
- Review documents on an ongoing basis and assist with appropriate ACCU response as needed.
- Establish relationships with other associations (i.e., National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, Council for Christian Colleges and Universities) working in the legal and policy arenas.
- Terminal degree (doctorate or JD preferred).
- Five to eight years in senior leadership position in Catholic higher education administration or related association work.
- Knowledge of Catholic issues in higher education; excellent understanding of mission and identity matters.
- Wide range of academic experience and research interests.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- A capacity and skill set to adapt to new issues that will emerge.
- In-depth knowledge of Catholic identity and university mission.
- Understanding of pedagogical, technological, policy/legal developments.
- Collaborative work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work cooperatively in achieving organizational goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and research software programs.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.