FN5.   First, the employer must submit an online Labor Condition Application (“LCA”) to the Department of Labor (DOL), available at .

Once the LCA application has been certified, the university must fill out and submit to USCIS the Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker (Form I-129), available at, with the H Classification and H-1B Data Collection and Filing Fee Exemption Supplements attached.  These forms provide information about the employer, employee and position to be filled, and help the employer determine whether it is exempt from a portion of the filing fees.   The university must also post a notice for 10 days announcing that it is hiring an H-1B worker in two conspicuous places.