FN1.   Mark B. Rhoads & Helen L. Konrad, Immigration Law: Issues for Faculty and Staff, 2007 Update NACUA, 2007, at 1. Other types of immigration status sometimes used for university employees are: B-1 status for paying honoraria to foreign nationals lecturing or attending meetings of university boards or committees; F-1 student status for allowing students to obtain practical training in their fields of study; J-1 status for exchange visitors, short-term scholars, medical residents, and others; O-1 status for individuals of extraordinary ability; and TN status for citizens of Canada and Mexico under the NAFTA Treaty.