NACUA's Career Center
As a service to the higher education community generally, NACUA maintains a Career Center through which colleges and universities may post legal-related job announcements. Access to position listings is free to all individuals, including members and non-members.
To Submit a Job Posting
All announcements posted to the Career Center must be higher education related and must list possession of a J.D. as either a required or preferred qualification. Announcements should either be in Microsoft Word format or included as text in the body of the email message. The announcement should include information regarding ONLY the job description, the requirements for the job, and contact information.
Please send your position announcements to email@example.com.
NACUA Members (or Search Firms on behalf of a NACUA Member Institution)
There is no charge for this service if the position announcement is for a position at a current NACUA member institution.
Non-Member Institutions and Other Organizations (including Search Firms on behalf of a Non-Member Institution)
Institutions that are not members of NACUA, or search firms that wish to post announcements for a non-member institution, may post position announcements for a charge of $250.00 (per position announcement). Once your position announcement has been approved for the Career Center you will be sent a confirmation email with instructions for submitting your payment.
Salary and Benefits Surveys
- The NACUA 2016 Benchmarking Survey on Salaries Report will be available to purchase this summer.
- The NACUA 2013 Salary & Benefits and Provision of Legal Services Survey Report is now available for members – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a complimentary copy.
- What it Means to Advance Your In-House Career: A Discussion with Deborah Ben-Canaan of Major, Lindsey & Africa, In-house Access, Association of Corporate Counsel, January 13, 2016.
- Upcoming In-house Interview? Make the Best Impression, Inhouseblog, GoInhouse.com, February 6, 2016.
- In-house Job Things to Think About, In-house Access, Association of Corporate Counsel, May 18, 2015.
- Making It Past the First Round, The Chronicle of Higher Education, October 14, 2013.
- The Etiquette of Accepting a Job Offer, The Chronicle of Higher Education, April 2013.
- Advice for Young In-House Lawyers: Understanding the Value of Questions, Jason Mosley, Inside Counsel, May 2013.
- Top Ten Things I Know Now that I Wish I Knew Then, Bernadette Bulacan, Association of Corporate Counsel, August 2012.
- Ten Practical Tips for the New General Counsel, The Huron Legal Institute, 2012.
- Inside Experts: 10 Pieces of Advice from a Seasoned In-House Lawyer, Eric Esperne, Inside Counsel, December 2011.
Sample Position Descriptions
- Search the NACUANET Archives
- NOTE: To search for position announcements in NACUANET, add “Position Announcement” to the position title when entering your search term. For example, entering the search term “’Position Announcement’ ‘Assistant General Counsel’” will yield NACUANET Archive results for Assistant General Counsel Position Announcements.
- Still unable to find what you’re looking for? NACUA Staff is happy to help you find a sample job description. Contact us at email@example.com.