NACUA's Mission and Strategic Priorities
To advance the effective practice of higher education attorneys for the benefit of the colleges and universities they serve.
NACUA is organized to assist higher education attorneys in representing and advising their client institutions. To achieve this purpose, NACUA and its member volunteers will:
- Help member attorneys provide high quality and responsive legal services and information to institutions of higher education;
- Deliver services that allow member attorneys to provide effective counsel and leadership to colleges and universities in advancing their institution’s mission;
- Support an inclusive learning environment for professional development of its diverse member attorneys and help them to maintain the highest professional and ethical standards;
- Work to improve the understanding of legal issues and to enhance the role of NACUA and its member attorneys in the higher education community.
NACUA and its members are committed to practicing and promoting the core values of quality, service, civility, collegiality, diversity, inclusiveness and respect.
Strategic Priorities 2012-2013:
- Maintain NACUA’s historic commitment to volunteer participation in its programming and governance, with continuing attention to diversity and inclusiveness, and find ways to engage members that complement their needs and interests while being mindful of the increasing demands on their workloads.
Continue to provide a range of options for professional and personal development opportunities for NACUA member representatives and continue to facilitate networking and information sharing.
- Continue to monitor and adapt as needed NACUA’s current and future financial resources and its capacity to sustain the Association’s existing activities and undertake new initiatives. Consider redirection or phase-out of any existing programs or services, as needed.
Review and modify CLE programming to meet needs of members.
Continue to enhance electronic delivery of NACUA programming, information and services to and among members.
Enhance outreach to a broad spectrum of potential college and university members, to further increase the diversity of NACUA member institutions, and continue to enhance retention efforts for new and existing members.
Continue to develop targeted outreach to external audiences for the benefit of NACUA and its member institutions and enhance NACUA’s reputation among institutions and associations as the leading organization on issues related to higher education law.