Associate Individual Membership Dues: $850
- Judged by the NACUA Board of Directors to have a "commonality of interests" with the member institutions of the Association.
- Individual representatives must be licensed attorneys in good standing; however, the representatives may not be attorneys who regularly handle, or are regularly engaged to handle (either as in-house or outside counsel), the legal affairs of an accredited non-profit institution of higher education that is eligible to be an institutional member of the Association.
- Open to attorneys who represent a member institution on a more limited basis or who are otherwise employed by a member institution.
Emeritus Membership Dues: $185
This category of membership is open to individuals who are:
- Fully retired from the practice of law
- Are not otherwise eligible to be either a representative of a regular institution or an associate institution, or to be an associate individual member
- Individuals must have been a member of NACUA in good standing for a minimum of ten years prior to eligibility for this category
- Individuals will not be required to maintain active licensure in any state
- Individuals are not eligible for this membership category if they are, or will be, engaged on either a limited or regular basis in legal matters on behalf of colleges and universities