To advance the effective practice of higher education attorneys for the benefit of the colleges and universities they serve.
NACUA is organized to assist higher education attorneys in representing and advising their client institutions. To achieve this purpose, NACUA and its member volunteers will:
- Help member attorneys provide high quality and responsive legal services and information to institutions of higher education;
- Deliver services that allow member attorneys to provide effective counsel and leadership to colleges and universities in advancing their institution’s mission;
- Support an inclusive learning environment for professional development of its diverse member attorneys and help them to maintain the highest professional and ethical standards;
- Work to improve the understanding of legal issues and to enhance the role of NACUA and its member attorneys in the higher education community.
NACUA and its members are committed to practicing and promoting the core values of quality, service, civility, collegiality, diversity, inclusiveness and respect.
- Continue to maintain NACUA's historic commitment to volunteer participation in its programming and governance, with continuing attention to diversity and inclusiveness, and find ways to engage members that complement their needs and interests while being mindful of the demands on their workloads.
- Continue to provide a range of options for professional and personal development opportunities for NACUA member representatives and continue to facilitate networking and information sharing.
- Continue to think strategically and creatively about NACUA’s resources (both financial and human) that will allow NACUA to achieve its mission and to be at the forefront of identifying and developing new initiatives and providing enhanced or additional services for the membership. Conduct internal reviews of major areas and programs of the association on a regular basis in order to achieve this priority and to streamline activities and operations accordingly.
- Continue to review and modify CLE programming to meet needs of members.
- Continue to enhance electronic delivery of NACUA programming, legal resources, information and other services to and among members, using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Continue to enhance outreach to a broad spectrum of potential college and university members, to further increase the diversity of NACUA member institutions, and continue to enhance retention efforts for new and existing members.
- Continue to expand outreach to external audiences for the benefit of NACUA and its member institutions and enhance NACUA’s reputation among institutions and associations as the leading organization on issues related to higher education law. Serve as a resource to governmental entities, as appropriate, on issues of interest and concern to NACUA members.